Mango Maple Lassi



When is a smoothie more than a smoothie?  When it's a lassi, of course!  

I always order a mango lassi at Indian restaurants.  But they're dead simple to make at home.  I've given a little spin to the recipe, to capitalize on the beautiful jar of Vermont Maple Syrup I made off with from the farmers market.  

While not traditional, neither am I, so this lassi and I have that in common.   The other thing we have in common is that you're sure to enjoy our company.  You do enjoy our company, don't you?!


Mango Maple Lassi
Makes 1

1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup milk (any kind you like)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1 mango, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon maple syrup, or more to taste

Chuck it all into a blender and, well, blend.  Drink.  Smile.

Comments

Dewi said…
I love mango lassi, the addition of maple syrup is intriguing.
Cheers,
Elra
Anonymous said…
Your mango lassi looks great. I usually sweeten mine with honey.
Your lassi looks great! Maple syrup is an interesting sweetener!
Dana Treat said…
My husband would go nuts if I made this for him!
Donna-FFW said…
Manog with maple syrup, this sounds awesome!! Great combo!!
Hayley said…
I've always wondered about these drinks at my favorite Indian restaurant. Sounds too good to pass up ever again. Thanks for sharing!
Anonymous said…
Andrea, I have never had a Lassi before, but it sure looks tasty. Love the idea of using Maple Syrup to sweeten it. Yummy!
veggie belly said…
Very nice! I love the cardamom and maple syrup touch! I grew up with mangoes all around me in India. I've tried to like mangoes all my life, but I just dont :( I'd really enjoy this recipe with passion fruit :)
test it comm said…
Maple and mango sound like a great combo!

Popular Posts