Coco-Nana Bread


I made this chocolate bread along with the wonderful lemon poppy seed loaf for my visiting soon-to-be in laws. Where the poppy seed cake was light and rich, bright and flavorful, this one sat like a brick. But in order to make the best out of a mediocre situation, I have two suggestions for you.
First, a thin slathering of peanut butter helps to rescue this bread. Not that it isn't rich enough already, but chocolate and peanut butter is never a bad idea. And the peanut butter somehow cuts through all of that richness a little bit.
Second, I would like to direct you to a wonderful blog I discovered a couple of months ago, and which delights me every time I visit. I wish I had read Hannah's post about this bread before I began, it would have saved me the trouble. But at least this gives me the opportunity to direct you to Honey & Jam. Hannah is only 18 years old (!!). Her photography is beautiful and her writing belies her age. I hope you enjoy her blog a bit more than we enjoyed this bread.

Coco-Nana Bread can be found here

Comments

Snooky doodle said…
OH THAT SOUNDS DELICIOUS. CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER IS ALWAYS A NICE COMBINATION
www.figtreeapps@blogspot.com said…
I love your photos.. this sounds perfect for Sunday morning with newspaper and a cup of tea..Figtreeapps
Ah, yeah. That bread is a bit of a clunker. As much as I wanted to like it...I just didn't!

And thank you so much for the shout out! (but I did just notice that the link doesn't work. it's http://http/honeyandjam.blogspot.com instead of http://www.honeyandjam.blogspot.com just fyi. : ) )
Mai Mai said…
Thanks for introducing that blog - she is wonderful!
Amber said…
Nice bread very good presentation.

Popular Posts