Roasted Mini Potatoes

roasted mini potatoes 2

Okay, look, I know you know how to roast a potato. And I'm not even going to give you any new techniques. So think of this as more of a friendly reminder or an introduction perhaps, to the pleasures of the mini potato. This might be a good time to keep your eyes out for them. At, for example, your local farmers market. Which is where I bought these.

They're so flippin' good, you guys. Seriously, you can just pop them one after another into your mouth like the most perfect of snacking foods. Great as a side dish, of course, but who wants to wait for dinner. When we got home from the Union Square Green Market this afternoon, I certainly didn't want to wait for the next meal. And as I was roasting them R claimed not to be hungry, but of course snatched them up as soon as I turned my back.

roasted mini potatoes raw

All you need to do is give them a quick little scrub under some running water and dry them off on a paper or kitchen towel. Then toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Throw them on a baking tray and into an oven preheated to 350F. Give them maybe 30 or 40 minutes, depending on their size, with a quick shake midway through to prevent sticking, and you're good to go. It would be nice to serve them with some extra salt along side. And eat with your fingers.

roasted mini potatoes_

By the way, how much do you love those little bowls? They were a gift from my good friend D, brought back from her trip to Turkey. Love.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I Loooove those bowls...the texture, the colors. The potatoes look hmmmmmm too.
Deana Sidney said…
Those are some gorgeous potato pictures... really great job!
Anonymous said…
The bowls ARE great - such vibrant colors. One more thing to add to my list of why I'm dying to visit Turkey...
abraham said…
fantastic... i'd love to try it..
siri said…
Yea, isn't it strange how one of the world's most simple foods can be so freaking good just on their own? Doesn't hurt that they're really vibrant and pretty (as far as potatoes go, that is). I love making good finds at the farmer's market!

Popular Posts